Creating a Vision
When you begin the process of strategic planning, visioning comes first. When visioning the change, ask yourself, "What is our preferred future?" and be sure to:
- Draw on the beliefs, mission, and environment of the organization.
- Describe what you want to see in the future.
- Be specific to each organization.
- Be positive and inspiring.
- Do not assume that the system will have the same framework as it does today.
- Be open to dramatic modifications to current organization, methodology, teaching techniques, facilities, etc.
Key Components for Your Vision
Incorporate Your Beliefs
Your vision must be encompassed by your beliefs.
- Your beliefs must meet your organizational goals as well as community goals.
- Your beliefs are a statement of your values.
- Your beliefs are a public/visible declaration of your expected outcomes.
- Your beliefs must be precise and practical.
- Your beliefs will guide the actions of all involved.
- Your beliefs reflect the knowledge, philosophy, and actions of all.
- Your beliefs are a key component of strategic planning.